What could be easier to cook than mashed potatoes?
- 1 ½ lb potatoes (I like Yukon gold since it cooks faster and because of its pretty yellow color), peel and dice in relatively the same pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup warm milk (do not add cold milk because potatoes become gray)
- Place potatoes into a saucepan. Add the salt and then cover with water
- Bring to boil, reduce heat
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until done (when poked with a fork, potatoes should fall apart).
- Drain water from potatoes
- Put hot potatoes into a bowl
- Add butter and half of the milk
- Use potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed
- Gradually add the rest of the milk to achieve the consistency you desire. Mash potatoes again until there are no chunks of potatoes.
Images are coming soon.